Saturday, April 16, 2011

amor urbano

amor urbano





amor urbano amor urbano amor urbano



amor urbano amor urbano amor urbano







The world is a grindstone and life is your nose. ~Fred Allen



I am America. I am the part you won't recognize. But get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. ~Muhammad Ali



A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories. ~Honore de Balzac



If you wouldn't write it and sign it, don't say it. ~Earl Wilson



My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart - a heart so large that everybody's joys found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation. ~Mark Twain



Then there is the man who drowned crossing a stream with an average depth of six inches. ~W.I.E. Gates



Kissing is a means of getting two people so close together that they can't see anything wrong with each other. ~Rene Yasenek



You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it. ~Malcolm X



Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability. ~Sam Keen



History is that terrible mill in which sawdust rejoins sawdust. ~Edith Sitwell



Sometimes it's harder to attain inner silence than outer silence. The dog stopped barking and the kids have gone to bed, but your mind has a lot to talk about and it knows you can't pretend you're not at home. ~Linda Solegato



I have heard that nothing gives an Author so great Pleasure, as to find his Works respectfully quoted by other learned Authors. ~Benjamin Franklin, "Preface," Poor Richard Improved, wording verified by Respectfully Quoted: A Dictionary of Quotations



One of the endlessly alluring aspects of mathematics is that its thorniest paradoxes have a way of blooming into beautiful theories. ~Philip J. Davis



Upon the sacredness of property civilization itself depends - the right of the laborer to his hundred dollars in the savings bank, and equally the legal right of the millionaire to his millions. ~Andrew Carnegie



My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle. ~Henry Youngman



I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence. ~Frederick Douglass



When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute - and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity. ~Albert Einstein



Television has proved that people will look at anything rather than each other. ~Ann Landers



I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer. My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music. It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips. ~Violette Leduc, Mad in Pursuit



Oaths are but words, and words but wind. ~Samuel Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment