Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rocking it 70's and 80's style car wise.



I have been joking for years that the late 70's/80's are going to come back when it comes to cars.

Pastels, street freaks, pro street, billet, and so on will be the next trend...so instead of on Rat Rods it is going to be the muscle cars and 70's and 80's rides I grew up with.

I hate to admit it but since I grew up in that era I have a love for
Cragar S/S, hoods with holes in them, tachs and other instruments on the hood in a housing, and white letter tires.

Hot Rod just came out this month and have an article on this.

The timing could not be any better.


A good buddy of mines pick up died and he needed to find something else to haul stuff in and we started talking about "old man"
El Caminos.

Well, one thing led to another and he got himself a
1980 El Camino.

It needs paint and some TLC but is a fairly slick old ride.


It had horrid wheels on it and we debated what it needed and the infamous Cragar S/S came into play.

He collected up some wheels and got himself some tires and is
rocking the white letters on Cragars and you know what, I totally am digging on it.

My buddy is ahead of the curve and rocking it old school.


Update: My buddy sent me a day shot for the maximum effect of chrome and white letters.

Like I said, needs paint but is straight.

I hope he keeps it maroon/red myself.

How about a vote: Keep it red or change it? If you vote for change what color?



No comments:

Post a Comment