Sunday, July 12, 2009

Good reading...


I thought I would through some of my favorite car related books on my blog just in case some of you did not know about them. All of them can be bought from places like Amazon.com and so on.



This is one of my absolute favorite books of all time. It covers the infamous Gasser Wars in detail and has all the big names like Big John, Ohio George, K.S., and the Stone, Woods, and Cook crew. It gives you the history, results, and dares to tackle the question, "Why the Willy's coupe?"




Some people like to act all cool and pretend they do not like anybody that is a pro builder and that "rat rod" attitude gets old. I am a huge fan of Brizio and this is a cool little overview of his work. Do I really like "high tech?" Not really, but I can dig quality work. What sets Roy apart is he does traditional well and is often trusted with some of the most famous hot rods and customs because he knows how to do it right.


This is a huge book covering one of my favorite subjects. Thacker knows his stuff and this is a good book that any fan of the deuce should own!



Genet and Thacker's books both celebrate the all mighty 1932 Ford and this is another must have for deuce heads everywhere. (Just buy them both and get it over with, you know you want them!)



Another bit of Robert Genet's work, and I love this one because it covers pretty much the crown jewels of the hot rod world. I know I have said it already, but another must have. (Great pics also!)


I can not tell you how many times I have read and reread this book. In fact, I pretty much have worn out my copy of it. This is a mighty tome indeed!



The history of the lakes and the strips, what more could you freaking ask for?


Even more lake racing. Notice who it is agian? Why it is Robert Genet of course. I would love to meet this guy!


From the fellow that brought you the Gasser Wars we get what followed...The Super Stock Era!


Some of the Motorbooks books get boring sometimes because they reuse the same pics over and over again in multiple books. (I said books alot in that sentance.) Once again it is Mr. Genet at the helm and this particular book has alot of magic to it. I just really enjoy it. The pics, the history, the motivations of Chevy at the time...it is just a dang good read. On top of that Dyno Don turns up in it.



So break out that credit card and support the recovering economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment