Friday, April 22, 2011

Demi Lovato Bipolar


Demi Lovato has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, in addition to her issues with bulimia, anorexia, and self-mutilation.

The former star of Disney’s Sonny With a Chance made the admission to ABC News Robin Roberts in her first televised interview since completing a three-month stint at a rehab facility in Illinois.

“I never found out until I went into treatment that I was bipolar. Looking back it makes sense. There were times when I was so manic, I was writing seven songs in one night and I’d be up until 05.30 in the morning. I feel like I am in control now where my whole life wasn’t in control,” the singer/actress, 18, tells PEOPLE.

The teen star is now dedicated to helping others. Demi recently revealed she felt “proud” of Welsh Oscar winner Catherine Zeta-Jones, who also recently underwent treatment for Bipolar II disorder.

“I don’t know Catherine Zeta-Jones personally but what she has decided to do it SO brave.. And SO difficult but worth it… I’m proud of her (sic),” she wrote on Twitter last week.

See the entire interview with Demi on 20/20, airing this Friday @ 10 PM on ABC.

No comments:

Post a Comment