Thursday, April 28, 2011

amor mundi

amor mundi





amor mundi amor mundi amor mundi



amor mundi amor mundi amor mundi







The body is but a pair of pincers set over a bellows and a stew pan and the whole fixed upon stilts. ~Samuel Butler, Notebooks



I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood. ~George Carlin



People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet



I find television to be very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go in the other room and read a book. ~Groucho Marx



One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life. ~Chinese Proverb



In solitude, where we are least alone. ~George Gordon, Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage



He was one of the few great rulers whose wisdom increased with his power, and whose spirit grew gentler and tenderer as his triumphs were multiplied. ~James A. Garfield



Don't think of retiring from the world until the world will be sorry that you retire. I hate a fellow whom pride or cowardice or laziness drive into a corner, and who does nothing when he is there but sit and growl. Let him come out as I do, and bark. ~Samuel Johnson



I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things.... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind. I never water my garden without soaking myself. ~Leo F. Buscaglia, Bus 9 to Paradise



I shall never use profanity except in discussing house rent and taxes. ~Mark Twain



It wasn't the Exxon Valdez captain's driving that caused the Alaskan oil spill. It was yours. ~Greenpeace advertisement, New York Times, 25 February 1990



Attribution: the ascribing of a work (as of literature or art) to a particular author or artist.



Context: the part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning; the circumstances in which an event occurs; a setting.



I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake. ~Rene Descartes, "Meditations on First Philosophy"



No man expects a great deal from marriage. He is quite satisfied if his wife is a good cook, a good valet, an attentive audience, and a patient nurse. ~Author Unknown



A leader who doesn't hesitate before he sends his nation into battle is not fit to be a leader. ~Golda Meir



The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese. ~G.K. Chesterton



When I putt, my emotions collide like tectonic plates. It's left my memory circuits full of scars that won't heal. ~Mac O'Grady



Why does a slight tax increase cost you two hundred dollars and a substantial tax cut save you thirty cents? ~Peg Bracken



A man on a horse is spiritually as well as physically bigger than a man on foot. ~John Steinbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment